Important changes to NFIP policy servicing through the NFIP Direct Servicing Agent
On Friday, December 1, 2017, the servicing of your flood policies will transfer to Torrent Technologies, FEMA’s new vendor for the NFIP Direct. To allow for an orderly transition from the current vendor, a migration period will be necessary. During this period, no transactions will occur while policy and claims data transfers to the new NFIP Direct processing system. Important details regarding the transition timeline are below.
Please carefully review this timeline!
The migration period for transition to the new NFIP Direct system is November 24, 2017 through November 30, 2017. In order to assist you in planning accordingly, the dates and times the system will be taken offline for the transition are outlined below.
- Beginning Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 8 PM EST, agents will no longer have access to the flood insurance processing system at nfipservices.com
- After 8 PM EST on Wednesday, November, 22, 2017, agents will need to submit all transactions and requests via email, fax, regular mail, or express mail.
- Reminder – Thursday, November 23, 2017 is the Thanksgiving Holiday
- On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 8 PM EST, processing of all pending transactions will stop. No transactions or claim payments will be processed until the new flood insurance processing system is available on Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Customer Service will be available throughout the transition for status updates, however, no transactions or claim payments will be processed until 8 AM EST on December 1, 2017. Please plan ahead accordingly.
- Pending transactions will be processed in the new flood processing system in the order in which they are received.
- Please be aware that policy effective dates may be dependent on the receipt of the application and premium at the NFIP Direct Servicing Agent, and from November 22, 2017 at 8 PM EST through December 1, 2017 at 8 AM EST, no system will be available for agents to submit new applications or premium. Applications and premium during this period should be submitted by regular mail, or express mailed to ensure the earliest possible effective date.
Additional information on this change can be found in the link to our FAQs.